Thursday, March 12, 2009

Colleges.... and high school grades.... so frustrated! please read and answer!?

I really want to go to Emory University as an undergraduate school and transfer to Emory, School of Medicine as a graduate school. Or I want to go to Oxford College at Emory University and then transfer to Emory University as a junior, and then transfer again to Emory University, School of Medicine. I don mind that much going to UGA and then transferring to Emory University during sophomore year and then going to Emory, School of Medicine. Yeah I have these big goals but I worried that I might not get accepted into these colleges! I have a 77 as my academic GPA and 79 for overall GPA. I got this worksheet from my counselor to figure out how to get HOPE scholarship. The worksheet told me that if I get straight A from now on I can get a 3.3 to get the Hope. (You need a 3.0 to get Hope). I sucked my last semester and freshman year and I really want to get all A this semester, junior, and senior year. Am I too late or do I still have a chance of getting accepted? I also doing volunteer work at a hospital. Planning on joining Key Club next year and senior year. So please answer if you think I can have a chance of getting accepted. And I would love ANY tips on how to do better to get accepted to these colleges. Thanks!



I don't think its too late but you do need to get with your counselor and maybe find out more about the colleges and what they look at for acceptance. As for tips I think it is great that you are so concerned with your future and it sounds like you really want it so just go for it. Just do your best in school, do activities you enjoy and figure out what interests you- what you would want to be doing for the rest of your life. Do what makes you feel accomplished and happy. I didn't do very well in high school and still got into a pretty good university. Another tip- don't let you're worries get in the way of what you really want- a good education.




The GPA dominates. all the extracurricular is nice but way second to GPA. get with your school counselor and do the numbers on what you expect to end up with. also consider if summer school will let you get higher grades and more hours to boost your GPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment