Thursday, March 12, 2009

I am failing biology?

Hi,





I'm a freshman and I got my interims in the mail today. Bio is the hardest class I've ever taken, and this reflected in my grade. I've never gotten an F before, and I need to get my grade up to at least a C by the end of the quarter.





I was absent with the flu for a week, and I was so overwhelmed by work that I didn't finish all my bio. I've also missed a few assignments because I've been just so... overwhelmed with everything this quarter. How can I convince her to let me turn some of these missing assignments in for partial credit?





How can I get my grade up to a C by the end of the quarter? Is it even possible?



it all depends on the teacher if they are willing to do that. Some will and some have no sympathy what so ever. As for getting your grade up, i guess only thing you can do is do all your homework and study for tests and exam, and maybe try asking her if she does any extra credit you can do.




I think you are the victim here. I think the prof owes you a C at least. I mean, seriously, how can she expect you to be able to work through such a debilitating disease and 'everything'. I would take this up with the dean or the president of the university ASAP.




Talk to your teacher and see what you can do for partial credit, instead of getting a zero. Yes, you can bring up your grade to a C, especially if your class is graded on a curve. Just try to get an A on every test, or quiz from now until the end.





Good luck.




One word- REVISION!




extra credit!




get an A second sem and the grade will likely go up to a c/c-

No comments:

Post a Comment