Thursday, March 26, 2009

How do you ask friends to leave their kids at home when you

I'm meeting some friends for dinner this weekend and while I love their kids, I'm hoping they'll leave them with a sitter when we go out. Is there any way to phrase it so I don't come off as insulting?



It's really simple.... Tell them what you told us.


You love their kids but you were really looking forward to spending some adult time with them.





You could even offer to pay for a babysitter for them.


If they are smart they will lokk forward to having some grown up time alone!




Since the plans are already made, I don't think there is much you can do.


In the future, I would phrase the invite as "hey, do you guys want to get together for an adult evening?"





If they invite you out, then you just have to assume that the kids are coming, it would be rude to ask them to leave them.




Just say: "Hey lets do adult night starting with dinner, a wine bar or a bar or lounge afterwards. I'm sure they will understand not to bring kids. Believe me( I have children) I think they will appreciate it, its so relaxing without the kids.




Did they invite you? If so there's not much you can do.





If you invited them, choose a restaurant that serves liquor and they don't allow minors.




I agree that suggested a bar-restaurant type location is best.





One thing that you may have to understand is that your friends may not be able to get a sitter. They may not be able to afford one or have found one that they trust.




Do you have kids?


maybe offer to have them bring their kids over to your sitter?


at times that helps because they dont know who to trust with them etc.


I wont leave my kids with just anyone.Not happening.




say that you need an adult night out


maybe you could offer ideas for babysitters or offer to pay/split the cost




yeah say you need an adult night outt. that should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment